Raptor Front Rest
The RAPTOR project began shortly after introducing my original T-Rex. Customers commented on how they loved the original rest but for air travel and easier carrying and set up, could it be made in a smaller lighter version without sacrificing features or stability? One of my primary goals throughout the project was to make any new improvements all retrofit to update the original T-Rex. So, after revisiting every single part, we found ways to reduce the overall weight without sacrificing features and stability.
The RAPTOR project began shortly after introducing my original T-Rex. Customers commented on how they loved the original rest but for air travel and easier carrying and set up, could it be made in a smaller lighter version without sacrificing features or stability?
One of my primary goals throughout this project was to make any new improvements retrofittable to my original T-Rex front rest. This was a great example of forward thinking while offering my customers the ability to upgrade.
So, after re-designing every part on the original T-Rex, we found ways to reduce the weight without sacrificing strength, features, or stability, and added a few very good improvements.
First, we improved the stability with the base legs now rotating out 30 degrees further than the original T-Rex.
Then by replacing the steel base plate with an aluminum base with fold out aluminum legs we saved 4.5Lbs. We now drill the centers out of the vertical guide posts which saved another 2Lbs for a total of 6.5Lbs weight reduction with just the new Raptor base assembly alone. This becomes a great upgrade to the original T-Rex.
We added a new adjustment knob for raising and lowering the bridge by hand. So, if the provided tool is not available you merely turn the vertical bridge adjustment knob by hand. This feature can also be installed on the original T-Rex.
There is now a new, adjustable clutch assembly that allows the bridge to smoothly traverse vertically and hold position. This is a Raptor exclusive and requires a complete rebuild of the original T-Rex to install.
The new aluminum base assembly can be retro-fitted to the original T-Rex for a 6.5 Lbs weight savings. This takes only a few minutes and brings the original rest down from 23 Lbs to just 16.5 Lbs. The Raptor base kit can be purchased on the accessories page.
we then turned our focus to the bridge assembly itself. We machined lightening pockets, drilled holes, thinned parts, and skeletonized everywhere possible. We took the original T-Rex from 23Lbs down to just 14Lbs. This is a 40% reduction in weight!
We left no stone unturned and fought for every ounce of weight reduction we could find. An added benefit was designing quick removable leveling feet that pop on and off without having to screw the leveling bolts out of the base for storage in the case.
The original T-Rex has a spread between the feet of 12.5” and 10” front to back. The new aluminum Raptor base featuring 3-fold out legs. The legs rotate with zero play and sandwiched between Teflon bearings. There is no lube needed and no chance for dust to enter the pivoting movements. Also, there are 3 very positive ball detents that position the legs at 14-1/4” wide x 10-3/4” front to back with the first detent or the narrowest configuration. We achieve a huge 19-1/2” x 9-1/2” stance when rotated to the second detent. This additional 30 degrees from perpendicular is a 33% improvement from the original T-Rex!
We now hard anodize everything for durability without a chance for rust or pitting.
We reduced the carry case from 8”x16”x20” tall to just 7”x16”x13” tall. That is a massive 43% reduction in size.
So, with a 40% weight reduction, a 33% improvement in footprint size, and a 43% reduction in case size we have created a totally new, industry leader in front shooting rests!
We are very proud, and excited to introduce the new light weight RAPTOR front rest!
(Raptor Features and Benefits)
- Proudly made in the USA
- Every part is hand built, fitted, tuned, and caries a lifetime warranty
- The new Raptor keeps all the unique features of the original T-Rex but in a lighter version. Every part has been redesigned for weight reduction
- The Raptor weighs in at just 15lbs
- The new base folds up into a 4”X 14-1/2” footprint x 8.5 tall
- Legs have positive ball detents for two shooting positions plus the folded position
- Legs rotate on Teflon bearings requiring no maintenance nor lube
- Legs set at the widest position allows for a 20” wide stance with a 10” spread front to back
- The bridge can be raised and lowered with the supplied tool or by hand
- The Raptor base can be set up for one leg facing the shooter or toward the target in just a minute and the joy stick still moves up for up and down for down in either position
- The threaded foot assemblies engage slots in just seconds. You no longer need to unscrew the threaded studs for storage
- The only rest made using ball bushings (set of 8) for X-Y movements and two more for the coarse vertical adjustments
- The Raptor has over twice the horizontal adjustment or movement than any other rest
- Make coarse adjustment of the bridge without getting out of position behind your scope with the supplied tool
- The top plate of the rest rotates with your rifle. There is no binding when moving the rear bag and no need to set the rest perfectly square to your target
- There is no need to lock the rotation of the top plate as it is supported between Teflon bearings with no play or wobble
- Has a newly designed adjustable clutch to allow smooth vertical adjustments while still holding the weight of the rifle so there is no need for locking the vertical position of the bridge
- The Raptor has 3 external counter balance adjustment screws that allow for perfectly balancing the weight of your rifle. The Raptor will also allow a 4th counter balance spring for the heavy extreme long-range rifles
- Various top block options are available for different regulations or shooting styles
- The entire Raptor Features 6061 T6 billet construction, hard anodized for durability and good looks.
- Raptor features new 1” vertical guide posts which are induction hardened and drilled for weight reduction. Overall weight is virtually the same as aluminum but with the strength of hardened steel.
- The new aluminum base with folding legs and light weight guide rods can be retrofit to the original T-Rex in a couple minutes. (See the Raptor Retro Fit base kit on the accessories page) Remove 6.5 Lbs with this modification alone
- Comes with a set of bench feet and 2” dia. Stabilfeet rubber bottomed bench pads from Benchrite
- An optional case available allows room for all necessary tools, feet, etc. in a very compact size of 13” X 16” X 7” tall.
Maybe the best feature of all is the Raptor is entirely made in the USA. All Rodzilla shooting products carry a limited lifetime warranty on workmanship and materials regardless of whether you purchase directly from me, or second hand. You will always receive personalized customer support from me on any of my products
This is the way business used to be conducted in America and at Rodzilla Shooting Products it still is.
$2,095.00 — Choose a Top Block Option Below
You may also like…
Replacement Felt Pads (Set of two)$10.00 More Info Add to cart
Raptor Phoenix Style Sand Feet$150.00 More Info Add to cart
Rodzilla 5-Axis Top For The MINI$599.00 — Choose a Top Block Option Below More Info Select options
Raptor 2-Piece Joystick$45.00 — includes one extension of your choice More Info Select options